Ametrine stone, also known as Bolivianite or Bolivianite, is a natural stone consisting of a harmonious combination of purple and yellow colors. It is a stone belonging to the quartz group. It is a stone formed by the perfect combination of amethyst and citrine stones, which also belong to the quartz group. This very effective stone is used for therapeutic purposes.
The main source of ametrine stone is the Anahi mine in Bolivia. It is mined in other countries, albeit in small quantities, but the majority and the best quality stones are mined in Bolivia.
This precious natural stone has a uniquely beautiful mix of colors. The perfect harmony of purple and yellow shows itself in this natural stone. Like other quartz stones, ametrine stone is mostly used in jewelry and jewelry making.
The color difference in this precious stone is caused by the oxidation of the iron mineral in the crystal at different rates. Citrine, that is, the iron mineral in the yellow parts, was oxidized, while there was no oxidation in the iron mineral in the amethyst, purple-lilac parts. During oxidation, heating occurs and color differences occur within the crystal in purple and yellow tones.
Unfortunately, there are artificial ametrine stones on the market at very cheap prices. Artificial stones are made by applying various processes.
- By applying the beta irradiation technique to the citrine stone, the purple part, that is, the amethyst part is obtained.
- Differential heat treatment is applied to the amethyst stone and some of the stone is transformed into a yellow color like citrine.
In addition, there are stones sold under the name of ametrine in various colors such as blue-gold or green-yellow in the market. An ametrine stone cannot be found naturally in these colors. It is most likely traded or another stone.
As we mentioned earlier, the best quality, jewelry-quality ametrine stones are mined in Bolivia.
Ametrine Stone Properties
Ametrine stone is a stone that reveals the underlying causes of diseases. It is believed to facilitate astral journeys and protect the person. It is a stone that calms the mind and is good for stress. It is an effective stone used in meditation. It is one of the most used and useful stones among precious stones. Opens the third eye (forehead) chakra and strengthens the 6th sense.
Ametrine, an energetic stone, enhances creativity and reveals the artistic side of the person. It strengthens concentration and gives mental clarity. It is a stone that raises the level of awareness. Ametrine removes negativity and obstacles and brings optimism and positive energy.
Ametrine Stone Care and Cleaning
The cleaning of ametrine stone can be done by burying it in the ground, keeping it in water, or keeping it in the sun, as in other quartz group stones. In order to benefit from the effect of your stone at the maximum level, you can purify your stone at certain intervals. You can clean the ametrine stone by soaking it in water or by keeping it in the sun for 1 day.
However, Ametrine consists of a combination of Amethyst and Citrine. As we mentioned in our citrine article, citrine is a self-cleaning stone. No cleaning is required. Since this stone contains citrine – depending on the citrine ratio – you do not have to clean it constantly, it will clear its energy over time.
Ametrine Stone Benefits
- Ametrine, which goes down to the bottom layer of everything, ensures that the real cause of the problems is revealed.
- It has strong cleansing properties and removes toxins and negativities from the body.
- It cleans the blood, strengthens the immune system, and balances DNA/RNA.
- It is good for chronic fatigue disease.
- It cures depression, gastric disorders, and ulcers, stress-related ailments.
- It carries the characteristics of Amethyst and Citrine stones in the same group. They can be used together.
- Absorbs negative energy in the environment,
- It strengthens the muscle structure and protects against diseases.
Chakras, Places of Extraction, Colors
|Chemical Formula and Group||SiO2 and Silicate, Quartz Group|
|Colors||Transparent, purple, yellow, magenta|
|Places of Extraction||Bolivia|
|chakras||Crown, Forehead (Third Eye)|