Agate is one of the first stones that come to mind when we say natural stones or semi-precious stones. It is one of the best-known grounding stones. If you feel tired and exhausted, if you need to be balanced mentally and physically, you are in the right place. Also, Your stone will help you in this regard.
What is Agate Stone? Are Agate and Agat the Same Stone?
Agate is a very diverse stone found in many different colors in nature. In addition, It is a stone formed as a result of the combination of quartz minerals with chalcedony. For this reason, we can also call it Chalcedony Quartz… Agate stone has been called by many different names over time. Agat or English Agate is one of them. It is also known as ‘Yemen Stone’ and ‘Immortal Stone’. Also, Read – What is Tree Agate, Wood Agate (Dendritic Agate)? Properties, Benefits
Red, gray, white, blue, brown, and green are the most common colors. Unfortunately, agate stone, which has been dyed too much or has been revitalized by heat treatment, is offered for sale in the market because it is available in every color. The important thing is to be conscious when buying. Be sure to ask the seller if any action has been taken and shop from reliable sources.
History and Use of Agate Stone
Agate stone has been used as a protective factor against negative energies as ornaments, jewelry, and decorative since ancient times. It is believed to bring abundance and prosperity. It is a stone with a wide variety of uses. Moreover, It is said to be a stone that the Prophet used fondly and always kept with him. Also, Read – Tahitian Pearls: An Exotic Gem From The Depths Of The Ocean
The history of agate stone dates back billions of years. It is thought to have been discovered around 20,000 BC. For the last 6 thousand years, it has been used by many civilizations for various purposes.
Under the hood, In ancient Mesopotamia, Agate meant power. Also, Cylinder seals used for official documents in commercial transactions are carved into agate stone. Thanks to the fact that most of these seals are agate, they have survived to the present day without any damage and have given historians information about that period. (Mesopotamia is the region where the oldest and greatest civilizations such as Sumer, Babylon, Assyria, Akkad, and Elam were born and developed.)
In ancient China, Agate was believed to purify the mind and energize the Qi of the person carrying it.
Also, In the Middle Ages, Agate was tied to ox horns to encourage good harvests. In some legends, Agate is mentioned to calm down thunder and lightning storms. Also, Read – Moonstone: Meaning, Properties, and how to use it
Agate Stone Properties
Agate is hard and has a transparent or translucent structure with colored parts transmitting light. (The transparent parts are generally the parts where the quartz mineral is concentrated. They crystallize.) It got its name from the Achates River in Sicily. However, there are many species that are widely found around the world. One of them is Ankara Çubuklu Agat stone.
Agate has a magnificent quality with its bands of mineral deposits stratified in perfect symmetry. It is formed as a combination of silica deposits found in groundwater and igneous rocks.
Agate is a powerful healer in general. It can be used as a kind of therapy tool. Various minerals in the stone can be a source of healing in different aspects. It is preferred that it touches the body and that the energy in nature, especially solar energy, can reach the body through the stone. Agate symbolizes Taurus. It can also be used as a stone of the related chakra and in meditations according to its color.
Agate Stone Care and Cleaning
Care of agate stone should be done at regular intervals. You can clean it in many ways, as its hardness is between 6.5 and 7. You can clear its energy by holding it under running water for a few minutes, burying it in the ground, in the sunlight, or smoking it.
Furthermore, For daily cleaning of your stone, it will be sufficient to wipe it using a damp cloth. Also, You should not use any cleaning agent or detergent-containing chemicals. Also, Read – How To Postpone Periods: Home Remedies To Delay Periods
Agate Stone Benefits
- It is also believed to protect the wearer from danger and put an end to their discord.
- Also, is good for insomnia, cowardice, nightmare, and evil eye, and it also helps the metabolism to work properly.
- It helps in realizing the facts.
- Agate, which has strong and masculine energy, is beneficial for the genitals and sexual power.
- It gives a feeling of warmth to the parts of the body that are in tension and reduces tension.
- It discharges excess or negative energy in the body and thus eliminates stress.
- Agate also socializes the person and helps him to adapt to the environment and people.
- It helps to overcome fears and increase courage.
- It develops the power of reason and logic.
- Agate strengthens the body and relaxes the circulation of lymph.
- It balances the tension. In particular, it brings low blood pressure to its normal level.
- It provides protection against the evil eye. Because it is remarkable at the first glance.
- With its invigorating energy, it also allows you to see the good side of things when you feel distressed and bad. For this reason, if you are easily affected by the negativities of people, agate will be good for you.
- After canceling the tender and they will not offer users to see dr. Children who carry this stone in their pockets also keep them away from negative emotions and arguments.
- Symbolizing worldly success, agate protects against negative energy and revives exhausted courage. It will be beneficial for businessmen to carry this stone, especially below the waist (pocket, ring, etc.). Especially when used as a ring, it increases one’s self-confidence.
- It also represents joy and peace. It is the stone of abundance and fertility.
Agate Stone Colours, Chakras, Places of Extraction
|Hardness||6.5 – 7|
|Specific weight||2.57 – 2.65|
|Chemical Formula and Group||SiO² + Al, Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn. and Silicate|
|Colour||In multiple colors; Blue Agate, Red Agate, Green Agate, Mossy Agate, Onyx (black), Fire agate (Brown), Wood agate, Barred Agate|
|Places of Extraction||Turkey-Ankara, China, Italy, Madagascar, Mexico, Egypt, Germany, India, Brazil, and Uruguay.|
|Chakras||Root, Lower Abdomen, Heart|