The macaroni with peas and tomato that we invite you to prepare today is a great resource any day of the week because you will not need more than 20 minutes to have them on the table. In addition, its ingredients are very simple and it is very likely that you already have them in your pantry.
Macaroni with peas and tomato Recipe
You can use the pasta that you like the most or the one that you have less. In addition to this, you will need some frozen peas, an onion, a green pepper, tomato sauce, and some seasoning. You can transform this recipe by incorporating different spices.
Although the recipe is simple, you will need several utensils to prepare it. Using different utensils will also allow you to prepare this recipe in less time since you can cook the pasta and peas at the same time that you prepare the sauce. Shall we start?
Ingredients for 2 Peoples
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 handfuls of macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato concentrate (optional)
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
How To Make Macaroni Recipe Step by Step Guide
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and green pepper for 10 minutes.
- Once you have the sofrito underway, heat water with salt in two different pipes or pans to cook the peas on one side, and the macaroni on the other, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After 10 minutes add the tomato, a pinch of salt, pepper, and oregano to the sauce and mix. Cook for a few minutes, while you drain the pasta and peas.
- Once the pasta and peas have been drained, add them to the pan and mix them together.
- Serve the macaroni with peas and tomato hot.