Is your brand already on Twitch? The video streaming platform that started out just streaming video games now also provides content on other topics ranging from cooking to sports. Competition among streamers – including several successful companies – is also growing. In this article, we’ll show you how you can stand out from the competition by redesigning your account and creating a super attractive banner.
Everything you need to know about Twitch: from essence to audience
Twitch is a very popular platform for video streaming. Most of the content is live game streaming and eSports competitions. However, in recent years, there have also been numerous videos about cooking, lifestyle, creativity, and sports. In 2019, Twitch reported that demand for non-gaming content increased by 11%.
The largest share of traffic (23.8%) comes from the US: more than 28 million unique users spend 95 minutes a day per month on the platform. Germany is the second most popular country on Twitch (6.93%), followed by Russia (5.83%). Korea and France complete the list of the top five.
Who’s on Twitch
It is important to know that 80% of the platform’s users are teenagers who are mainly interested in games and technology. The service is best suited for brands with a young and active target audience. Many reputable companies take advantage of this fact.
For example, Nike and Adidas announced limited product launches on Twitch, Red Bull created its own eSports team, and Head & Shoulders held a contest to promote new products in which users could win 100,000 “bits”. (virtual currency).
How to Use Twitch?
To gain the popularity of your target audience, consider the following points:
- Fun or inspiring content, or even one that offers discounts, is the type that works best on the platform. Don’t just be a “talking head” telling you about the company’s achievements, it won’t be interesting. Videos should be fun and engaging. It will be perfect if you compliment them with promotions or messages about profitable offers.
- Regardless of the type of content, you will need to interact in a chat with viewers who connect to your stream. Reply to comments and leave your own comments on followers’ videos to build a loyal following.
Basic Visual Elements of a Twitch Profile
While the main visual element to attract users’ attention is the account banner, there are other elements that are also important. Make sure they all match your brand’s visual identity. Let’s take a look at each of them.
The channel banner will be the most visible element on your profile. It will appear at the top of your account when you are offline (during an online broadcast, the video will appear at the top of the screen). Let’s take a closer look at its features.
- Recommended size is 1920×1080 pixels. The maximum file size is 10 MB and the format can be GIF, JPEG, or PNG.
- The components. The central place is occupied by the illustration: a photo, a drawing, or a graphic. In addition, the banner must include your logo, links to social media, and information about the user’s last stream.
- The style. Trust the nature of your brand and the interests of your target audience. The intersection point will define the style of the banner. First, the channel image should reflect your personality and be in harmony with your corporate visual style (the color scheme, fonts, graphics, logo). Second, think about how your viewers use Twitch and what kind of content they expect from you.
In your profile picture, use your logo. It will allow users to recognize you, so try to make it as simple and clear as possible, be creative and make your profile picture reflect the nature of your business. Logo Maker‘s online service can help you create a logo.
Semi-transparent images that are applied to the stream and provide various information about your channel, the latest events in your account, or your branding.
Small blocks with additional profile information. A dashboard can mirror or complement the banner information: for example, rules and values, links to social media, the games you play, events, and a Q&A block.
Pop-up icons while streaming. You can customize their appearance by, for example, using a GIF version of your logo.
Banner Creation Services Overview
The easiest way to create a custom banner for Twitch is to use online services that have ready-made templates. Try any of the free platforms in the list below.
This program offers many template configuration options. Use thousands of free images from Adobe’s library or upload your own photos. Choose from hundreds of color and font options for professional results.
Choose the desired templates, photos, and graphics from the service’s library, or upload your own elements. Dozens of customization options and the possibility of working in groups on your layout are the main advantages of the service.
The service is appreciated for its professionally designed banners and flexible settings. Millions of high-quality, high-resolution photos, customizable graphics and fonts, and the ability to support different file formats will help you quickly create a great banner. The platform allows you to immediately download or upload to your Twitch account, as well as create images for other social networks based on it with a few clicks.
This platform is specially designed for Twitch users. Get access to a huge library of templates and a variety of graphics to instantly create eye-catching banners, dashboards, overlays, and other visuals. Here you can find tools for any subject, including gaming, programming, online sports, etc.
The Twitch banner is like the cover of a book: it creates the company’s first impression and sets it apart from its competitors. Below you will find some helpful tips on how to use banner effectively for your brand. Make sure you meet these five criteria:
- Corporate Identity. Use one or more elements of your visual identity: the logo, company colors, fonts or graphics. This applies not only to the banner, but also to the other visual elements of the account. Corporate branding should communicate the main message you want to convey to your target audience.
- Proper size. The brightest and most creative banner will lose its meaning if the image is of low quality or is cropped. Select high-resolution images and ensure banner elements display correctly.
- Minimalism. Avoid piling up and overcrowding with elements: this interferes with perception. Emphasize one thing only (like a photo or logo). Use clear fonts and concise graphics and minimize the amount of text.
- Creativity. Don’t forget that the audience is on the platform to have fun. Try to make the banner fun, creative and intriguing to catch the user’s attention.
- Adaptability. Over time, your content, audience, and priorities can change. Don’t be afraid to update your Twitch banner to reflect your brand development.