Let’s find out What Does an Archive Manager Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities? Its meaning, skills, salary, CV, and job description template. Also, Read – How To Write A Cover Letter When Making A Career Change?
What does Archive Manager mean?
The Archivist is also responsible for recording, preserving, and ensuring the use of permanent records and historically valuable documents.
What Does an Archivist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The Archivist is primarily responsible for preserving historical documents and making them accessible if requested. Other responsibilities of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Managing collection catalogs, work information, and records,
- Evaluating archival documents for preservation, identifying and restoring materials in need of repair,
- To ensure that regular spraying is carried out in order to prevent the archive documents from being damaged by microorganisms,
- Classifying archive records to facilitate search operations,
- Also, the Archive Manager Protecting records by making a film and digital copies of distortion-sensitive texts,
- Copying and storing video cassette, audiotape, disc or computer formats,
- To advise and support users on the best access, use, or interpretation of archives,
- Also, Responding to questions from public institutions, academics, and other users by displaying a user-oriented approach.
How to Become an Archive Manager?
In order to become an Archive Officer, it is necessary to graduate from the Information and Document Management Department of universities with a bachelor’s degree. Some private companies specify high school graduation criteria for Archive Manager candidates. Also, Read – What is CRM? How to Use CRM Programs?
Required Qualifications and Skills
- To be able to communicate verbally and in writing to meet the questions of the users,
- Have the excellent organizational ability,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Also, Archive Manager Demonstrates the ability to categorize, which enables to create of different rules for grouping documents,
- Demonstrate an inclination to teamwork,
- No military obligation for male candidates.